Follow these tips to ensure your home has a smooth transition to the very welcome Spring Season!
- Fill your sump pit up to ensure your pump switches on an off correctly.
- Make sure the discharge line on your sump pump is free and clear of ice and debris.
- Turn your air conditioner on a little earlier than normal, just to make sure it works, that way if you need any service or repair work, you can beat the rush. Just be sure its over 10 Celsius!
- Keep an 18″ to 36″ air space on all sides of outdoor AC unit. Prune back shrubs as required.
- Keep a 3 to 4 foot air space above the unit. Prune back tree branches.
- When planting, allow room for long-term growth – 5 and 10 years.
- If building a fence, make sure it can be easily opened or removed. The unit needs to be serviced regularly. If any major repairs need to be made, the service man may need access to all sides on the unit.
- Don’t let your dog urinate on the unit.